Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dec 19 Good Numbers of Small Trout

Bob and Herbert wanted big Trout today and they figured I was on a hot streak. Unfortunately, it all came to an end today. We were constantly out of position and we ran through our live bait very quickly. After a couple of hours, we had nothing but a pile of 12" to 14" released Trout. We finally hit a little stretch where we caught a few 15" Speckled Trout and 4 nice Gray Trout, so we did get to kill a few. For the day, I guess the guys caught around 60 Speckled Trout, 4 Gray Trout, 20 Bluefish, and a couple of Sheepsheads. I know my anglers were disappointed with the size of the Trout that we caught today, but I started in the same exact spot that has produced 19 Citations in my last 3 trips and they just weren't there today. what can I say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.