Monday, January 19, 2009

Jan 18 Striped Bass in Virginia

I made the trip up to Va Beach today and pretty much killed one of the most consistent bites on the East Coast. That's right, 45 straight days of every boat in the Ocean and the Bay catching their limit came to an end today! We did manage to land 2 Striped Bass out of 4 hook-ups on light spinning tackle, but they were found out past the 3 mile limit so we had to let them go! To make matters a little bit worse, it was raining and rough so I didn't even get a picture. Marcus R did manage to wrangle up a nice Spiny Dog on a Bucktail. My Striped Bass was a small one around 10 pounds. I lost another one that was smoking my reel. I'll just assume that was my 50 pounder and I would have had to release him anyway. My losing streak continues......Total catch for the Day: 2 Striped Bass and 1 Spiny Dogfish.

No comments: