Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oct 24-25 Taylor's Creek Cast Netting




I cancelled trips Saturday and Sunday because of the weather. Unfortunately, both days the weather was very, very fishable. Saturday, I think the Ocean would've been unbearable, but the fishing could've been interesting inside the Inlet. By 11am Saturday, I had to go fishing, so off to the Dock I went loaded for Flounder and Red Drum. Conditions were perfect. Clean, high water. Bait was running. The fishing was a bust, though. In 2 hours all I got was a couple of small Flounders and a few of Nature's less desirable creatures. Right before I left I did hit 30 Corncob Mullets throw with my Cast Net. On the 25th, I concentrated on the Cast Netting and it was pretty good. I had a 40 Fish throw and then hit the mother-lode. A 200 Mullet throw, with size from Finger Mullets up to 2 pound Roe Mullets. The Rod and Reel 2-Day Total Catch for the Day: 2 Southern Flounders, 2 Inshore Lizardfish, 5 Pinfish and 1 Northern Sea Robin

2 comments:

ehirunner said...

We used to call those Sea Robins the mother-in-law fish.

Capt. Marty said...

I save that name for the Oyster Toadfish.