Friday, September 24, 2010

Sept 23 Awesome Suprize
















Chris and I out to catch some Bluefish today and maybe a Red Drum. It was looking bleak. The Ocean and surf on the west side was sloppy, dirty and dead. We crossed the Shoals and found a big remnant of hurricane swell. Our Bluefish spot was closed out. Things were looking bad. We had a few Albacore around so we went out there to catch a couple of them. Chris and I each caught one. Judging by the picture, Chris was thrilled. Then we noticed quite a few Blacktip Sharks jumping. Some really big ones too. So we rode over to that area and put out an Albacore strip. Too easy, an instant hook-up. An hour later, I had released 2 Blacktips, one around 100lbs and the other was 50lbs. Chris had released a 50lber. As Chris was fighting a 125lber, on a whim I casted a top water plug. What happened next was unbelievable. One Shark showed up, then another...By the time I got my plug back near the Boat, there were 20-25 Blacktip Sharks boiling underneath my plug. Sloppy eaters those things. It was incredible watching 100+ lb Sharks 10 feet from the boat unsucessfully try to bite a top water plug. After my initial cast, we did learn to slow the plug down and let the Sharks blast it. That wasn't nearly as much fun as making them miss though. A couple of hour later and minus 4-5 plugs we headed home. I told Chris, we will never forget this day. That's a fact. Total Catch for the Day: 2 Albacore and 7 Blacktip Sharks up to 125lbs

1 comment:

Ryan said...

sick, time to go throw some poppers in the surf after work this week..