Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dec 20- Hatteras Inlet Hike

I wanted to say "Thank you" for all the kind words and encouragement lately... And the Fishing offers! From 4 lb Speckled Trout to Smallmouth Bass! I'm gonna surprise some guys soon and Show Up Ready to Fish!!!

Seriously, thanks a lot... Also, fishing is very slow up here in the surf and on the docks.... NO SQUID! Last year this time, it was a freaking SQUID BLITZ. Big Squid too.... I haven't seen a single one this week...

Right now, (12:11 am) I am standing in Hatteras Inlet. Ocracokes North End. It is DARK and COLD, but I feel very ALIVE!

Good night

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better watch out, Santa is comin' to town. If you've been nice he might bring some gear. Glad you are back!!! eg

Capt. Marty said...

I doubt it, St Egbert. Santa went fishing with me once. I hooked a 100 lb Cobia and passed the rod down to him. Within seconds and as I climbed down the ladder, the Cobia charged the boat! As Santa stood in one spot as if his feet were stuck in concrete, the huge Cobia passed under the stern and my line got into the motor. As I hit the deck screaming, the mighty Cobia lunged for the sky on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BOAT! Violently shaking his head to dislodge the buck tail, the line parted on the lower unit of my Suzuki..... Santa stood there stunned. I went into a tirade. "Move your feet you Idiot" I screamed...... "You gotta beat that fish to the stern, you Jolly assed Fool"..... "That was our SHOT at GLORY, you bumbling stooge!"

Santa stood there disappointed and stunned.... From that moment on, MY LUCK and MY GOOD FISHING MOJO has been gone. I have NO IDEA how many more good deeds I will need to do to get it back.

Please Santa Claus forgive me. I hoped every year you would call me to go Cobia Fishing again, but you never do.... I am sorry. I apologize again.

But, NO, I doubt Santa will bring me new tackle. Santa holds a grudge against me

Anonymous said...

Is Santa Claus from Pennsylvania?