Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 5- BIG DUCK 5

She's here. The FV Big Duck 5.28 foot Privateer with 600 HP Suzukis for Power. Yes, there's been 4 other Big Ducks. Its what I fished on before the Top Water Charter days!! Big Duck, sheeeesh, its a Long Story man. Capt Gerald Currin. he and I killed a TON of Fish throughout the late 80's and entire 1990's. Groupers and King Mackerels were our main targets. Gerald could fuck em up too... He caught the biggest King Mackerel in Carteret County in 1997 with a 65 pounder. Caught him on a damn Pinfish too. LOL. I was on the Ferry that day......

Not sure if I got any fans left here, so its no big deal..... But, Capt Marty will be soon fishing again. I turn 55 this summer. I'm going to try to get a few more fish before I hang it up for good!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back Marty.

Brent

Capt. Marty said...

Daggone Brent. Glad to see one old reader still around. Do you know Gerald, by chance? He's an old Fuquay boy. He builds a lot of homes around Fuquay, Holly Springs, Angier, Apex, etc. Thats your turf, if I recall. Its hard for me, I know you are smart enough to understand. From 1999 to 2017, there was a lot of dudes that came aboard my boat.

The FV BIG DUCK 5 is not my boat. It is NOT Capt Marty's new Top Water Charterboat. However, I'd expect there will be a few opportunities to envite friends from time to time. Also, given the quality and fishability of this new machine, I hope to add Swordfish and Deep Drops to our Fishing Ops.

So, stay in touch Brent.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I know him but I might if I saw him. It is definitely my neck of the woods. Preston, my youngest son is now a senior at UNCW has been doing well in King Mackerel tournaments and also won a big wahoo tournament last year out of Ocean Isle. You get partial credit for his desire to fish, since you put him on that big AJ years ago.

Chris said...

If you’re back on the water we wanna fish. I’ve missed the blog, and I’ve missed Topwater as my Beaufort fishing option. Hell, I’m ready to run down there right now—no coronavirus on the Shoals, I don’t think.

Jordan said...

Glad you’re back capt marty