Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24 The Day that Changed my Life

On June 24, 1988 I woke up as a normal 21 year old idiot. That night when I went to bed my life had changed...... That afternoon I was reeling in a 1 pound Spanish Mackerel that I hooked trolling on a 00 clark spoon in Beaufort Inlet. On its way to the boat, something swallowed it. An hour later I had a 66 pound Amberjack laying on the deck of my Boston Whaler. Life would never again be the same. 33 years ago. Holy Cow. If it wouldn't have happened, where would I be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marty, you were never an idiot. YOU ARE THE WORLD'S SMARTEST DUMBASS.... Love, the Hatteras Girls

Mike said...

It didn't change you life as much as it changed that amberjacks!

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Hatteras Girls.... I can count on y'all to cheer me up... What up Mike. Mike's new friend is Bronson Arroyo, pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds.... Ah, June 24th< my favorite day of the year. I thought June 24, 2011 was going to be another of those days that changed my life forever. Then came June 25th, I got stood-up and I'm back to being miserable....