Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feb 13 Freezing Cold and Hickory Shad




Capt Chris knew I was bummed out so he bit the bullet and took me on the Neuse River on an early season, freezing cold, Hickory Shad excursion...... My lasting impression? Chris is a great friend. IT WAS COLD!!!! The fishing was poor. We found a few Shad up in Pitch Kettle Creek. (That is just for you, Tuggy!) I really believe the best Shad fishing is a week to 10 days away. However, its always good to get the first one "out of the way". Chris and I also explored some new area. Brice's Creek and the lower Neuse around New Bern. We couldn't buy a bite. Hopefully the pace and the results of the fishing will be on the upswing soon. I need a diversion. Weird, my favorite pictures from this day were not the "fish pictures". Also, being sad and shedding a tear is a liberating experience. For obvious reasons, I've been a little emotional. But when the tears freeze down the side of your face, it really pays to "think about something happy" for a little while instead. Thanks Columbo.....Total Catch for the Day: 8 Hickory Shad up to 1 lb

3 comments:

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Plastic Stanchions. Im glad my blog is entertaining to you. My life has spiraled farther into the abyss this morning. My woman is gone and to make matters worse, me and my assistant are cleaning a sanitary sewer processing unit aboard the MV Cedar Island. Feces from a million passengers and my job is to clean and rebuild 4 gaskets. Great. Somebody kill me please.

Capt. Marty said...

I survived the feces. I will survive the other shit. I will not only survive, I will prosper like never before. The light came on. Its going to be okay! Bring it on! Tomorrow is a new day. It will be a better day! And so on and so on etc etc etc

Anonymous said...

IT WILL BE BETTER WHEN WE TAKE IT ALL IN THE OFFSHORE CHALLENGE!!!!!

TUGWELL