Friday, August 29, 2014

Walleye vs Flounder

Walleye are the BEST FRIED FISH on PLANET EARTH

Flounder, while probably more versatile, do not taste as good as Walleye
The other day I cooked supper for my Brother and my Parents..... Each of us had a whole baby Flounder scored and fried..... That's damn good in this neck of the woods...... Whole Baby Flounder is SO DAMN GOOD that it's literally against the Law! Just kidding.... No I'm not..... Yes I am..... No.... Yes..... Hell I'm confused so I can't get in trouble, right?  Anyway, fried Flounder is the popular choice of the masses on the Atlantic Coast.... The challenger: The famous and rarely eaten by us "Coastal RedNecks", THE WALLEYE..... Probably the general consensus would pronounce the Walleye as the #1 Eating Freshwater Fish on Planet Earth..... So what was better?

Remember, the Flounder were right out of the water..... The Walleye were vacuum sealed in June..... Both were fried at the same time. In the same oil. In the same pan..... Actually the Flounder went first....

The WINNER:

Hands down, NO CONTEST

The Walleye are the Best.... Walleye are head and fricking shoulders better than any other fried fish that I have ever had.... NO CONTEST. PERIOD.......

5 comments:

James W Lung said...

Even better than a big ole' Hogfish?

Mike said...

Walleye wasdelicious

Tom Chesebro said...

I guess my vacuum packing held up ok then?? Better start making plans for next year with me up there again Marty!!!

Capt. Marty said...

Hey Tom. I figured my "knife open stumble" cost me my future Walleye Fishing Ops!

Capt. Marty said...

Tom,

You and your crew or just you.... Might want to think about a King Mackerel Fishing trip pretty soon... If we avoid the "big Storm" this Fall, I think there is going to be some great fishing east of our diamond studded lighthouse.... BIG TIME!