Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18 Flounders Chewing




Yesterday I found a great spot for Speckled Trout and Red Drum. Today that same spot was covered up with Flounders. From 7am until 11am nearly every cast was a Flounder. The only other fish we saw were a dozen Bluefish and very few Black Sea Bass, Lizardfish, and Pinfish. I estimate that we caught 60 Flounders. We kept 14 between 15.5" and 19". All the rest went back. We also had 8-10 Bluefish from 1-2 pounds. We were fishing a channel with an average depth of 10 foot. We found a "Black Hole" in the middle of this channel and it was matted with Flounders. Like shingles on your roof! When we first found the "Black Hole" we each caught keeper Flounders on 4 straight casts; the 8 Flounders on deck in the second picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog.


fast loans

Anonymous said...

I could give my own opinion with your topic that is not boring for me.

Capt. Marty said...

Who are you people?

Anonymous said...

We come here to see fish not comments by idiotic morons