Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12 Awesome Red Drum Fishing and Right Whales
















Today was a bad day for everything but fishing. A trip out of Ocracoke that I really wanted to do fell through. So I splashed the Boat at home and headed back to the Cape Lookout Shoals. Once there, the fishing was great, but I will always remember this day because.......Today was the day that I.......Finally fell out of the Tower!!! How hurt am I? I don't know yet. Let's just say my knee, my ribs, my wrist, and lots of things inside hurt. I think I'm okay though. Other than that, Puppy Drum were everywhere, Large Red Drum were scattered, and a mother and baby Right Whale were crossing the Shoals. That was pretty impressive in 6 feet of crystal clear water. The baby was 16-17 feet long. The mother was enormous. Awesome day except for the Girls at Ocracoke and my fall from the Tower. I did catch my 48 lb Red Drum on 10lb spin. Awesome. Total Catch for the Day: 12 Red Drum (5 Large up to 48 lb.s and 7 puppys up to 30")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure the girls at Ocracoke would've been impressed.....As you fell from the Tower! Hope you are okay.

JD Dallas said...

Awesome fishing ! Hope you're ok !

Anonymous said...

Not as young as you used to be are you????

Cuz Neal

Ryan said...

good stuff man