Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25 Largemouth Bass in Beaufort




Last Spring I was doing quite a lot of Freshwater Fishing. This year, not so much. This afternoon, I went over to one of my favorite Urban Bass Hotspots and checked it out. The wind was blowing a little too hard for the Fly Rod, so I decided to use a Plastic Worm instead. It wan't great, but in an hour, I had 10 strikes, 8 hook ups, and released 6 Largemouth Bass. All these were spunky, but weighed less than a pound. Better than nothing. We also went to the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores today and I assume this is a replica of the NC State Record Dolphin. I thought it was worthy of a photo! Total Catch for the Day: 6 Largemouth Bass

2 comments:

JD Dallas said...

The miserable wind this week is my fault. I took most of the week off to go fishing and have seen the wind blow 25-30 all week. Hope to make it out thursday !

Mike said...

Helluva dolphin. Damn good picture.