Friday, June 11, 2010

June 10 Ferry Dock Fishing




It's a little too early for the good stuff but I was up late last night so I gave it a try. The highlight was a 15" Croaker on cut bait and a few Jumping Mullets in the cast net. The fishing was okay for the pests.... Small Black Sea Bass, Pinfish, Sand Perch, and small Bluefish. I saw a few Spadefish milling around in the dark, but they were too slick. The lowlight of the night was the first Oyster Toad of the season! It might would've been worth my time to try for a Flounder, but traditionally, I have caught more Flounder at the Hatteras side in June than on the Ocracoke side. At least I got a couple of fish for lunch tommorrow. Fried Croaker Sandwich. Total Catch for the Night: 1 Croaker, 10 Black Sea Bass, 10 Pinfish, 4 Bluefish, 1 Sand Perch, and 1 Oyster Toad

No comments: