Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8 and 9 Hatteras Surf Fishing


Tuesday I went out looking for a 2 lb Pompano and all I found was a baby Puffer and a 8 lb Cownose Ray. Sand Fleas were hard to catch on the rising tide. There was some really, really nice scenery on the Beach. Better than nothing. The Cownose Ray was a great fight and conversation starter. On Wednesday, I went to the same spot and had nearly identical results. The only difference was that I caught a Sea Mullet instead of a Puffer. I did battle another Cownose Ray. Total Catch for the Day: 2 Cownose Ray, 1 Gulf Sea Mullet and 1 Northern Puffer

3 comments:

Ryan said...

sounds like some good summer fishin to me.

Robbie said...

So where r the pics of the "really nice" scenery???

Anonymous said...

Not sure if that one's legal. Just like fishing...you'd better check first before bringing aboard!