Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aug 26 Good Summertime Fishing
















Chris and his soon to be Brother-In -Law fished with me today and the action was outstanding! Our first stop was just outside Beaufort Inlet to cast to some Spanish Mackerel that were tearing up the water. Those jokers tried to set the tone for the day by being picky. In app. 100 casts delivered in the strike zone, we only boxed 3 Spanish Mackerel and had a couple shake off. Pretty frustrating! Too the East, all those frustrations quickly went out the window. Arriving at my "home away from home" we quickly found the largest concentration of Bluefish that I've encountered in my 40 years of Salt Water Fishing. (claiming to start as a 5 yr old). Bluefish after Bluefish went into the box or the live well. 1-3 pounders. Metal, Top Water Plugs, whatever. After that carnage, we went to a Wreck, and everything went according to plan. First a Citation Barracuda, then an Amberjack, and then a couple of 150-175 pound Sand Tigers. Then we got a bonus 10lb Gag Grouper. Then we got a bonus Barracuda. After that we searched for Red Drum and failed. We ended up right back where we started and in 500 casts, we added 5 Spanish Mackerel. What ails them Mackerel? Total Catch for the Day: 70 Bluefish, 8 Spanish Mackerel, 1 Amberjack, 1 Gag Grouper, 1 Inshore Lizaerdfish, 2 Barracuda, and 2 Sand Tiger Sharks

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you try casting a sabiki rig at those spanish? I've found that when they get lock jaw they will take the sabiki rig over anything.

ehirunner said...

I guess I don't get credit for my lizardfish. He probably feels worse about it than I do.

We were actually talking about the Sabikis at the last stop.

Anonymous said...

Where's Bikini Girl??

Anonymous said...

Marty, call me this week sometime, we ran a trip at night in the sound that was very productive.....Tug

Capt. Marty said...

Alright Tuggy, I'm headed back to Hatteras Tuesday. I'll call you today (Sunday). BTW, Bikini Girl says hello. Everybody that fishs with me is asking about her. Maybe I need to set up a "Bikini Girl Blog"

Anonymous said...

Yes, I vote for more Bikini Girl (BG) photos as well and a blog would be great!

Signed, "Another fan of BG"

Capt. Marty said...

Bikini Girl is preparing for a Hurricane right now. I will talk to her about a "Bikini Girl" Blog tuesday or at least try to get some new Bikini Girl pictures up.