Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oct 2 Water Moccasins and other problems at Hatteras


So Tropical Depression #14 was a nightmare up here. Closed out the Ferry Channel. I sat over at South Dock for 45 straight hours and finally caught a ride home with the USCG. Twin 225 Hondas on a rigid inflatable. I miss my old Honda!! Anyway, here it is Saturday Morning and it's pretty. North winds have the finger mullet and the Bluefish in turmoil on the Beaches.....And my Truck, my Rod and Reel, and my cast net are trapped at Ocracoke and no way to get them until tomorrow. And.......somebody tried to kill me by planting a Water Moccasin on my Truck! Welcome to the OBX

6 comments:

Mike said...

and a crappy day of football.

Anonymous said...

It was a terrible day of sports viewing. Go Ducks...

Capt Marty

Anonymous said...

Your a Ducks fan????? WTF!!!! You must not ever heard of a pirates fan!!!!

Capt. Marty said...

No I'm not, but I liked watching Oregon play. I like NCState and I like ECU. There was no joy around my house on Saturday!

Capt Marty

Anonymous said...

You got an enemy at Hatteras?

Anonymous said...

Apparantly so, more all the time

Capt Marty