Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oct 28 Small Craft Advisory and Spots


I hate it when people book a fishing trip way in advance and I know how much they are looking forward to it.... And they drive a long ways to get here..... And the wind howls.... Today it was 20-25 SW and that is a killer for the things I like to do. I know where there are 100,000 2-5 lb Bluefish. I think I know where huge schools of Red Drum are cruising. I'm pretty sure I know where the Albacore are boiling. But today all that was impossible. So I had to search for things for Billy and his crew to do, safely and while trying to stay dry. So we went bottom fishing. It was not great, but interesting. Battling wind, current, and dirty water, we scrapped out a nice catch of Spots. We also caught a few large Hogfish and a variety of other bottom fish. Total Catch for the Day: 45 Spot, 12 Pinfish, 12 Hogfish, 1 Striped Sea Robin, 2 Northern Puffer, 1 Croaker, 1 Gag Grouper, 3 Black Sea Bass, 1 Inshore Lizardfish, 4 Bluefish, and 1 Spottail Pinfish

2 comments:

Mark said...

We applaud Marty's efforts to find good fishing for us...but as we have all learned at least once in our lives, no one can predict the future, although many have tried. We had a great time, Capt. Marty was great with our son, very professional and friendly. We recommend Capt. Marty and Topwater Charters to anyone looking for a great, and safe fishing experience!

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Mark. You guys were great. I just wish the weather would've been better. I've thought about it and I can't think of anything else we could've done differently. Hopefully if y'all come back in the future, the winds will be light and the fish will be biting. Thanks again.