Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weather Windows for Striped Bass and Bluefin Tuna

There are a couple of Great Fisheries, Striped Bass and Bluefin Tuna, going on in coastal NC right now, World Class Fisheries. Unfortunately, each of these fisheries require a special weather windows in order to participate. Also, for me, on a Center Console, my window must open a little bit wider..... However, I am in position to take advantage of these awesome fisheries by leaving my Boat up at Cape Hatteras. The Striped Bass fishing up at Oregon Inlet needs great weather to make it comfortable, however any wind out of the west is generally fishable. Likewise, the Bluefin Tuna at Hatteras just need light winds and calm seas for me to participate. Remember, I am fishing around a full-time job.  This week would've been great.  I get off work Tuesday and unfortunately, we are looking at 20-25kt N winds. Therefore, Tuesday is a no-no. Hopefully, wednesday and thursday will look good and I can get into some great fishing. My fingers are crossed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man let me know the first trip you schedule, I have aimed my skills with the steel and I am ready. TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!

Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggy,

Right now it looks like a Bluefin Trip on Thursday. Maybe roll it into a Striper trip on Friday. IDK 20-25 sw on friday. You know me on cold (and) wet......

Anonymous said...

Im in a UH-60 all week, but hey if you sink I can come and get you!!!!!

Capt. Marty said...

Thats damn good to know, how about keeping your cell phone on!

Anonymous said...

Lets go fishing

Anonymous said...

Hey Tuggy, 99 percent of us would love to fly around in one of those fancy helicopters and you actually jump out of them. Into the water, in February. That's crazy. Can you spot Cobias? Maybe this year you can drop on one with a rambo knife.

ehirunner said...

So how'd yall do on the stripers y'day?