Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 15 Bluefish Chewing and Great Jigging Variety




Mark and his boys joined me this morning for a half day adventure. I owed them a good one after botching Friday/Saturday Night. It was a little breezy and choppy this morning in our first spot, but the fish were there and the fish were hungry. It wasn't every cast, but there were enough Bluefish on metal to make sore wrists and hands. Then after stuffing the livewell and the cooler, we went east looking for a big Sand Tiger. Unfortunately, the usually cooperative Sharks were not biting our baits today. We did manage to have some serious fun by dropping stingsilvers to the bottom and ripping them back to the surface. Interesting mix of Jacks and other oddball fish. All in all it was a success, but I did mess up a little by heading back across the Shoals to look for Spanish Mackerel.. The Mackerel were nowhere to be found and our search for Red Drum was wiped out by a steering failure in my upper station. That really sucked and needs my attention. Fast! Total Catch for the Day: 60 Bluefish up to 3 lbs, 2 Amberjacks, 1 Blue Runner, 1 American Red Snapper, 1 Spanish Mackerel, and 1 At Sharpnose Shark at 8 lbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commenting on a fishing post to prove you wrong. THere's just not much to say when you went out and caught more fish in a day than I catch all week, AGAIN. I'll just say I'm glad somebody caught a blue runner.

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks. Fishing was fun today. The Bluefish are great. That action has been incredibly consistent. The variety jigging stingsilvers was fun... I'm ready for some big fish action though!