Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Oct 6- What Went Wrong ??????

THE BIG ZERO
Beautiful weather. October. Light Winds. Cooling Ocean Temperatures. This sounds like a can't miss fishing day! Well, we missed. The cast net failed. The throttle failed. The Captain failed. The Angler failed..... No King Mackerel bites. And then with "hot info" about a 10,000 fish school of Red Drum two miles away, my grumpy, distracted Angler mumbled,  "I've had a belly full, take me home"........ Well, on one hand, I can't say I blamed him..... But on the other hand, for someone that used to fish 40-50 days per year, someone that hasn't fished but 6-7 times in all of 2014, for someone that's caught  1 ( that's ONE) Red Drum in his entire life, on the prettiest day of the year, and getting ready to drag their tired ass back to Rawlee....... I can not figure out to save my ass why my angler didn't want to go "catch a Red Drum on every cast"....... Oh well, everybody's different I reckon. In hindsight, I should've just ran to the Eastside first thing.... Go with what you know...... Chasing a bite that's 48 hours old sucks sometimes .... Total Catch for the Day: Nothing

2 comments:

Jordan said...

That sucks. Who could refuse throwing to a giant school of red drum? Gonna be down this weekend. Hope the fish are biting.

Anonymous said...

We heard the activity on the shoals but continued to fish where we were. Mistake. Had as much luck as you did,