Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 9- My Dad's Birthday

I cannot tell you..... There is not enough time in the day or enough words to express how Great of a Father my dad was to me, for me...... He gave me EVERYTHING that a son needs to be happy and successful. Both as a kid and as an adult. There was nothing that my Daddy could've done that wouldve been better than what he did......Growing up, there was NOTHING in my eyes, that my Dad couldnt do...... Run a Bank (Raleigh Savings and Loan) all week and then build or fix anything on Saturday Morning! Then take me fishing in the afternoon. Then we'd listen to college football on the radio while he cooked the Worlds Best BBQ Chicken for supper..... (On a huge brick outdoor grill and patio that he made, of course)

Everything was going great in my Fishing Development until he picked up the Golf Habit and I was ON MY ON.....Just kidding, I am just SO HAPPY for my Daddy to have had the opportunity to play those thousands of rounds of Golf that he loved so much. And was pretty good at, I suspect. I surely wish he could still play.

Anyway,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a GREAT GREAT GREAT FATHER..... Charles Allen Moore born July 9, 1936. I LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH and I wish I turned out half the Man you were/are.......You lead me by example and showed me the Right Way to do Everything in Life that a boy/young man needs to be successful, productive, and happy.

I hope this mskes sense!  Its very late. I have insomnia. And this screen and keypad are tiny.

Speaking of "tiny"....... reminds of Tiny Pender, ex basketball player at NC State. (Watch how my mind works). The last time I saw him in person, he was pimp striding through the Tangerine Bowl crowd in 1978. NCState versus Pittsburgh....... I was there. Surely, I mustve been a punk ass 13 year old pain in the ass..... But my Daddy hauled me, and my brother down there. To see, honestly, a meaningless Bowl Game.... All the way to Orlando Florida. Taking 2 boys to a Football Game! He also hauled me to NY, Boston, Baltimore, and Atlanta to see MLB. Greensboro, Atlanta, and Landover, Md to see ACC Tournaments..... Good God I could never, ever say Thank You, I Love You, or Happy Birthday enough to scratch the surface of what my Daddy has done nor continues to do for me....  (yesterday, For Example)  shew.......

Let me just add..... Happy Birthday Daddy. I love you.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Dads are special things. Good post Capt Marty. And Happy Birthday to your old man!

Tom Chesebro said...

Very touching Marty...brings a tear to my eye, remembering my own father, whom we lost almost 24 years ago. He was taken from us FAR too young at only age 53 ! I still sadly miss him every day...So cherish every second you get with your father...Our time is so short on this earth...
But I know the good Lord will reunite us someday !!

Hang in there brother, I know it is a very trying time in your life, but you'll get through it !!! I'm trying to put together something for us to do this fall, one way or the other.
Talk to you soon man.
Tom