Friday, September 9, 2016

Aug 30 to Sept 5-Striped Bass on Fly

Well, in 7 the  night period...... I think I actually tried it 5 nights. Really made an effort on 2 nights.     And I landed 18 Striped Bass. No Hybrids. No White Bass. Straight Striped Bass. Being no expert, I marveled at their beauty,  wondered their age (I guess 2 to 3 tr old) , and I am constantly amazed at their chosen niche and strategy in LIVING. Smarter than the Pacific Salmon, whose lifestyle is similar.  Our Bass dont have to pay the Ultimate Cost as the Salmon do, but thanks to our hooks and nets, many do....... The ones I caught didn't. Holding a beautiful, frisky fish, that just happens to be GREAT EATING.... But, to me, killing this fish, at 12 inches, aside from being totally illegal by the way, but why or how could anyone eat it. Left alone, it will grow to 40, 50, even 60 pounds. It will create millions of its kind. It will thrill dozens who encounter it. Eventually some fisherman will outsmart him and land a legal trophy that is still great eating. Hopefully, this will occur one night during the November Full Moon. Around Hatteras Inlet. About 2024. Eel Migration. My 12" Striped Bass will become someone's FISH of a LIFETIME. Total Catch for the Period: 18 Striped Bass from 10" to 15", 1 Pinfish , and  1 Menhaden

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Glad the stripes are keeping you busy Capt. I am heading to the outer banks this weekend looking to snag some of your ole nemesis....

the pompano.

Will be in Ocracoke and Buxton.

Capt. Marty said...

Damn Pompano.....that is the only fish that I conceded to when I was "fishing good"

Those fish had me beat period. I caught a few, but I never got my Share

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.