Friday, August 26, 2016

Aug 26- Great Late Summer Casting


Jeremy and I t went out to the Cape Lookout Shoals to see what was out there chewing today........NO EXCUSE for being this Slack. But, I have been working. I've been trying to help my Mom and Dad, as they both have had their goes with Cancer as well as other ailments 80+ year olds must endure. I've also fought Air Condition Units and Tires. Yes, Capt Marty's battles are being fought on multiple fronts. I'm feeling like the "good Hitler" surrounded on all sides. In the past, I took out my frustrations on fish. With old age ( and new aches) nowadays I even feel sorry for the fish.....

Back to Jeremy and my day.....Jeremy truthfully  is one of the Worlds Worst Fisherman. He truly shines with the Ladies, but the Fish have him foiled. I remember one stretch where I hooked Bluefish on 9 straight casts. The louder I chanted, the quieter Jeremy grew. Then I realized he wasn't hooking up at all. By that point, my attempts at "coaching" were met by eye rolls and sadistic mumbles..... Well, by the early afternoon we called it a day.  We had a nice catch of Blues and Mackerel. We had seen many Sharks including one that easily went 12 to 13 feet long. It was near the bottom in 15-18 feet of water. He occupied an area that was teeming with hundreds of 6 foot Blacktip Sharks. All Blacktips were swimming south or north, wheras "Mr. Big" was swimming west. Perpendicular to all other sharks. (When can I use those terms in this industry.....6.02 X 10 to the 23rd.......Total Catch for the Day: 60 Bluefish from 1 to 3 lbs, 5 Spanish Mackerel 2 to 3 lbs, 1 Atlantic Needlefish, 2 Blue Runners, and 2 Crevalle Jacks



1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.