Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Aug 22- Striped Bass on Fly at Night

Striped Bass on a Fly at Night..... Sounds Cool
Absolute feeding frenzy under the lights last night. I honestly hadn't seen the resident Cedar Island school of Striped Bass in 6+ weeks or so. Tonight at midnight, it was game on, with 5-8 fish busting on the surface every 15 seconds, and the action lasted for 90 minutes. I was busy, then caught the last 10 minutes or so......I had 7 bites on a cool shrimp imitating fly and landed 4 Striped Bass. They accounted well for themselves versus the 3 wt Fly Rod. One Bass actually got into my backing. The action was awesome. I also landed an adult Menhaden that was hooked in the mouth. Whether or not this Menhaden "hit the fly" or the "fly hit the Menhaden" I'll never know my..... Total Catch for the Night: 4 Striped Bass from 10" to 15", and 1 Menhaden

No comments: