Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sept 1- Near Miss

Dammit. I missed that boat by 1 hour. When I talked to its owner on friday afternoon, and we were trying to set up a meeting time. I tried to be "Mr Nice Guy" and let this guy sleep in/lay up with his woman. Whatever. Hell I was working Night Shift, I wanted to meet him a 6am. But NO. HELL NO. Mr Nice Guy suggested 11am. Not to rush Mr Boat Owner, Mr Hard Working 8 to 5, Monday through Friday Working Class American. Let him relax and take his time.... 

So, anyway, at 10:45, I called to firm up our meeting time and place. No Answer. I texted him. Left all those same intentions. No response....... Here we go. Called back at 11am. Our original meeting time. No Answer. Repeat. Repeat. Finally, I drove to the boat. Here I found my future boat. Sitting there. There were, I noticed, 2 sets of vehicle tracks in the high grass. Right up to my boat. Some had been checking her out. Recently. I called again. Text again. By 3pm, the writing was on the wall. It wasnt going to be my boat. Finally, just as I was heading out the door to work, Mr Boat Owner reluctantly called me and apologized to me. Someone, it seems, had waved $6000 bucks in his face at 1030am. He took it.

Pretty much, I was struggling to STAY AWAKE in order for this dude to SLEEP LATE. Because I tried to be considerate, I got stood up and never got a chance to 6buy that little boat. Life Sucks Again.. Capt Marty Moore is still boatless. No Dad. No Dog. No Boat. And......cant fish off the Dock on Front Street that I had exclusive rights to from 1978 until 2017. Having a spot to walk to, where Ive caught thousands of Red Drum and Flounder from is a NICE ASSET TO HAVE IN LIFE, especially as a Fishing Fanatic.

So Long, Crowd

1 comment:

Brettin said...

glad to see you are back! I am a regular viewer on your bog!