Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December 26- Chritmas and Thanksgiving Past

Both of these very important, late season Holidays have passed and like nearly everything else in the Life of Capt Marty, they passed silently and without incident. Good or Bad. Almost like I don't exist!

But, I not in a Witness Protection Program. I'm a JAG. Just a Guy. A Ferry Engineer (Nobody Cares) and a Fishing Guide (Plenty of People Cared). Once again, to those that cared, here I mean my old Fishing Clients and Friends and MORE IMPORTANTLY, the hundreds of people that read and enjoyed my Blog on a regular basis, I am sorry. I am sorry I quit posting on a regular basis. I am also sorry that I sold my Boat and severely reduced the time that I spend on the water. Unfortunately, that was probably necessary for my skin, knees, and back. At least, staying off the Ocean and avoiding things like Southern Stingrays and Amberjacks. (LOL)

Anyway, I think in the past several days, I've come to recognize, that my lack of Fishing and Posting has lead to feeling that I have Lost a Huge Part of my Identity..... Therefore, IF there are Any of my Long Time Readers still out there, bored and looking for reading material, I am (Once Again) going to make an Effort to get this thing going again. I also still hope and pray to have a skiff and be up and going again next Spring.

Once again, Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Merry Chritmas. Happy Holidays. Also, tonight I will try to update a few other things on my Blog and touch on a few FISHING trips that I failed to post.... I used to easily fish 100 days per year. Hell, prbably closer to 200 days on lots of years.

I realize I have tried this before..... only to get sidetracked. My life feels empty now. There were things that were important in my life that have been lost. This may seem silly, but here goes...... My Daddy aint coming back. My Wife aint coming back. Emma aint coming back. My knees and Back are not going to be 30 years old again.... However, I CAN go FISHING AND I CAN make Fishing Reports at the end of the day. I may be the Only Person to read about it, but Capt Marty will have that part of his life back!!!!!1




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Capt. Marty!

Anonymous said...

Timing is everything...I'm glad I checked in on you tonight! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. Preston and his Hammer Down Fishing Team won their first tournament today, a wahoo tournament out of Ocean Isle Fishing Center. Hard to believe he is old enough to do that, I still think of him on the front of your boat holding the big amberjack when he was 10 years old.

Brent

Anonymous said...

Always liked reading you reports, have missed seeing them good luck in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Just read your post. Waiting for the day when you can put me on some door mat Flounder or some big old Drum.

Ed

James W Lung said...

I have been missing your reports, and the thought of reading of your exploits once again is quite heartening. FYI, I retired August 31 this year, and can't seem to get out of a post retirement funk. Current cold spell ain't helping. Anyway, Marty, I'm glad you're back. Also hope your house escaped damage in Florence. My Brother in Law in the apartments behind the pond lost his apartment and a lot of stuff, had to move to Pamlico County to find a place they could afford to rent.

Best Wishes.

Jim Lung

Victoria said...

Very happy to see you again!