Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Sept 1-- Muskie Fishing in NC

 Today I ventured West to the Fabled French Broad River, well known as NC's only water capable of producing One of Planet Earth's Top 10 Freshwater Gamefish. The Muskelunge. Known as the Fish of 1000 casts. Guys cast plugs for a week and brag about a "follow" or a "swirl". In my 20 years of guiding in Salt Water, when a client showed up on my boat and told me he was a "Muskie" Fisherman, I knew he was going to be okay. Great caster, patient,  and fast learner......

By the way, I'm day dreaming. I'm not in Asheville. I didn't go to the French Broad River. I didn't go Muskie Fishing. I went to Radio Island. I casted my trusty ole Stingsilver. No Mackerel, no Bluefish. I hooked one Needlefish but he escaped. I probably made 250 casts. Made me think of "the fish of 1000 casts". Day Dreaming. Sad. Gotta get back to it...... Total Fish of the Day: ZERO Zilch Nada Nothing Skunk

1 comment:

Sam at Sipping Mayflies said...

I got skunked last week on a river I know well. It happens--keep it up.