Thursday, September 9, 2021

Sept 9- Huge Flouder

 Okay, this Could Should Would put Capt Marty back in the Fishing Game...... One Problem.....

The problem is: I HAVE NOT CAUGHT HIM YET..   

Okay, so I was fishing on foot tonight. I had caught 3 Red Drum and 2 Southern Flounder so far. All small and all released. Then, I was about to go home. One Long Cast. Unfortunately, I cast across a rope that ran from a Dock to a freestanding piling. I figured I was about to lose a lead head. Okay, to hell with it..... Then Bam! A strike like a lead weight dropped on my rod tip. I gave it a second...... Lifted  my rod tip sharply and Boom..... The heavy weight. The surge. The head shake. My fish rose to the surface under the Dock Lights. Holy Shit, 8 pound is the Floor. I'd say 10 pound is the Ceiling. Either way, my problems developed quickly. I was already over a rope. The Dock was off limits. Locked. Even if I could get on it, it would still be problems.  My line was 10 lb test. Structure everywhere. I was on foot. No net. No nothing. Suddenly, my big Flounder was also around a piling. Over a rope and around a pilimg...... After 10 minutes of thinking and pondering..... my rod tip was delivering pulses of movement, I decided to break my line and tie it off. Tom.orrow morning I will see if my fish is still there. In the light of day, I will go after him. No deal in the dark. 

I know my odds are low. Very low. It makes me feel good just to hook a fish like this again. I'm stoked...... Total Catch for the Night: 3 Red Drum up to 14", 2 Southern Flounder up to 14", and 2 Inshore Lizardfish.

1 comment:

Mass Vision Eyewear said...

As an avid fisherman besides fishing of course I have pivoted from reading magazines such as Bass Masters to fishing blogs like yours. I always look for new tips and sometimes give some. I can say that as I am getting older my reading vision is decreasing which is preventing me from tying knots quicker and reading the gauges on my boat and fish finder. I can tell you that my brother has introduced me to polarized bifocal sunglasses and they work wonders! I never knew they existed. I would highly recommend a pair if you need polarized sunglasses for the water + reading vision.