Friday, February 29, 2008

Feb 29 Hickory Shad Fishing


I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to go fishing. So I drove to the Neuse and spent 90 minutes casting. It wasn't great, but I had 7 strikes and captured 6 Hickory Shad, including one that measured out at 16" (total length), plenty big enough for a NC Freshwater Fishing Citation. That's a decent Hickory Shad. Grugs on 1/16 oz leadheads outfished the spoons today. Hopefully, Shad fishing will be as good as it was in 2006 when I had several 100+ fish days during mid-March. Today was a nice start!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can I get a shad decal for my boat

Anonymous said...

how can I get a shad decal for my boat about 12- 16 inches long

Unknown said...

I can make a decal for your boat. Send me an email designersigns@gmail.com and I will send you a proof of what I have. I use this on boats and cars all the time. I am in Kingston, NY
MNy name is John