Friday, February 1, 2008

Lack of Fishing



Sorry for the lack of fishing Reports recently. I have had some Major Medical Issues in my family recently that has drawn my attention away from the water. Add to that the typical winter weather we've been experiencing and my Job relocations from Cape Hatteras to Knott's Island to Ocracoke and I've been 6 weeks without fishing! That is by far my longest stretch with NO fishing since 1985! Hopefully, I will be able to get out and give it a try this weekend (Feb 2nd or 3rd). Next week, I will begin the process of taking my boat apart and hopefully making some huge improvements. I expect to be up and running again by April 1st.


In the near future I will be posting my open dates for my Spring of 2008 Bonito, Albacore, and Bluefish fishing. I also anticipate fishing out of Ocracoke this Spring for Giant Red Drum. This can be a great sight casting fishery. In the meantime, I will be fishing for Hickory Shad in the Neuse River.


On final thing, I will be posting Rate increases on my website in the near future. I have not increased my rates in quite some time and the higher fuel costs and larger boat finally caught up with me. After looking at some other guys rates, I still consider myself quite a bargain and anyone who has fished with me in the past knows that my "half days" are extremely long. Most of my clients actually have to tell me to take them in!


Hopefully I will get a real fishing report up very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marty,

I hope all is well with the medical issues in the family.

To all that read this comment. I have fished with Marty for the past four to five years. And I have never once seen him look at his watch. He just wants everyone to have a good time and catch fish. I highly recommend him and I am looking forward to trying out the new boat on some cobia this spring.

Jim Leisy

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Jim. Look forward to seeing you this May or June.

Marty