Friday, June 20, 2008

June 20 Amberjacks and Barracudas

Went out by myself today to see what I could find. Caught a few Spanish Mackerel first. Looked for a Flounder and struck out. Then I missed a Barracuda on the tube. Caught 3 Amberjacks on metal. Then it got interesting. I pulled in half an Amberjack. I tossed him back out on one of my "Shark Rigs" and Mr Cuda was still there! He quickly devoured the rest of my Amberjack. Three monster jumps and a smoking run later, I released a nice 54" Barracuda. My Bogagrip bounced around the 40 pound mark and I released him pretty quick and in great shape. Probably my career best Barracuda. A thunderstorm then chased to the north, but I stopped on 1 other wreck and caught more 2 Amberjacks on top water plugs. My final tally was 4 Spanish Mackerel, 6 Amberjacks (8-30 pounds), and a 54" Barracuda. No self portraits today. The Cuda would've made a nice picture.

1 comment:

JD Dallas said...

Great job Marty. You need to get a mount of that Cuda that would look good hangin up ! Be down next weekend see you out there !