Friday, October 24, 2008

Oct 24 State Fair and a 3 Pound Crevalle Jack

The State Fair was great this morning, my Dad and I walked all over the Fair Grounds together just like old times. Then we came home and by 5 pm I thought I might get my 1st Speckled Trout of the year before the rain started. Instead I got several Pinfish, Black Sea Bass, and an Oyster Toadfish. The big kicker fish was a suprizing 3 pound Crevalle Jack that jumped on my shrimp in 10 feet of water over heavy structure. After much give and take, I finally got my hands on this great fighting fish for a quick release. Nice battle on 8# test. Too bad my camera was nowhere to be found. Seems like in the last 3 years every single time I catch a Crevalle Jack, my camera is somewhere else! Speckled Trout are here however, I was just a little late in getting to the "spot".

No comments: