Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oct 28 Largemouth Bass, Red Drum, and Mummichogs





  • Cold temps and high winds today. Pretty miserable. I did go down to Taylor's Creek this morning to look for bait and while I was down there I managed to catch a 21" Red Drum on a live shrimp. Later in the afternoon I fished for 30 minutes in an "urban mung hole" and caught 2 Largemouth Bass. The "fishiest" thing I did today was set 2 fish traps. I guess too much North wind this fall has made Finger Mullet a little hard to come by. In an effort to gather a good supply of live bait, I rode around this morning and looked for a good population of minnows. I definitely found it! When I pull my traps tommorrow I expect a record breaking haul of Mummichogs out of 1 particular trap. This creek is stuffed with huge Mummichogs. Hopefully they will go to the bait and my bait problems will be solved for the next couple of trips!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to all the smart-asses?

Capt. Marty said...

I chased rhem away