Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dec 29 Tony is Gone


Today we buried the person that I was closest to out of everybody in the entire world from about 1974 until about 1988. My friend and cousin, Tony Englehardt. Tony will never, ever be forgotten by his friends in Beaufort and he will be a constant reminder of how a perfect life can fall apart due to excesses. Nobody could help Tony or even slow him down. Everybody tried. Hopefully lots of people learned a valuable lesson from Tony's experience. Too Much. Too Fast. Too Young. Tony was my fishing partner in my early days. We learned alot together. Nobody showed us anything. But, he grew away from fishing and he and I grew apart. Now he's gone and there is another hole in my life. My best friend from High School did the same thing and he was bigger and stronger than Tony. Ty was 42. Tony was 46. I am 44, what more do I need to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss.

JD Dallas said...

Sorry to hear about this Marty. It's tough especially around Christmas.