Monday, May 31, 2010

May 30 Hatteras Cobia Fishing Part 2


Today was my Birthday and nobody seemed to care. The best present that I got was finding a Manta Ray cruising in 30 feet of water off Ocracoke Island. The Ray was a huge one, probably 20+ feet from wingtip to wingtip. The best part was that he had 8-10 Cobia cruising with him and these were big Cobia at 40-50 pounds each. I hooked 2 of these Cobia from the Tower before I climbed down. Out of this doubleheader, I caught a 46 pound Cobia and lost the other one.I also released 2 borderline legal Cobia. I saw a 6 foot Cobia that I never really had a chance to catch. This was a giant Cobia, probably 90-100 pounds. After an action packed morning, I went 30 minutes without seeing anything and I was back at the dock before noon. The picture is of my 46lb Cobia banging around after I climbed back up in the Tower. Nice. Total Catch for the Day: 3 Cobia up to 46 pounds

No comments: