Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17 Robin, Mackerel, and a Shark



Today I took my new girlfriend, Robin,  out for a boat ride. We frolicked in the water. We caught 50 Sand Dollars.... Then I hauled her into the Ocean. I nailed 5 Spanish Mackerel in 6 casts on metal. Then we shutdown to drift and relax. Of course, I had to drop a half Mackerel overboard and turn the clicker on. Great timing, Capt Marty. At least, I finally got a fishing picture of Robin to put up for those who have been asking.... Hopefully there will be lots of more to come, for a long, long time. Believe it or not, she is cooler and sweeter than she is HOT. That's a hard reality for me to deal with!!!! Yep, it seems Capt Marty is hooked and it feels like 200# and a circle hook. I'm finished.....  Total Catch for the Day: 5 Spanish Mackerel and a 15 lb Blacktip Shark 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll book a charter if she can come along as first mate. By the way, very nice..............shark.

Anonymous said...

You know my good buddy, I don't know if I can ever stand on your bow cap the same as columbo and I have done in the past......great catch, make sure to use a j hook though, we all know circle hooks are for catching and releasing!!!!!

Later brother,
Tuggy
And yes, one day I too will return to the sea....

Capt. Marty said...

She can do a little mate work, but she would expect a tip. As any good mate would and deserve for their hard work. Honestly, you'd probably never notice if she did any work at all!

Anonymous said...

TMI

Anonymous said...

Careful....both of those critters look like they could really hurt you. Can we called her BG2 and expect more photos as well....I sure hope so!

Anonymous said...

And your complaining about her cleaning out your fish blood stained T-shirt collection!!!

Capt. Marty said...

No complaints from me in the past 4 weeks except about getting up at 430am and the wind blowing too hard..... Life has changed for the better..... Oh yeah, one complaint, ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that even though this is a fishing blog, you're wise not to tell us what you used to catch her, or the weight of the landed catch.

Anonymous said...

looks like Robin is struggling with a little wedgie there