Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29 Every Cast Bluefish, Deep Jigging Mackerel, and a 250 lb Shark



Yeah, it was worth the wait. The weather was much prettier today than yesterday. It worked out good for Chris and the Boys.... The worst part of our day was that I didnt have my camera! I missed alot of great action shots on Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel. The schools of Bluefish were insane today. We spent a couple of hours casting over thousands of 1-4 lb Bluefish. Stuffed the cooler and the live well. Then we headed to a wreck that was covered up with Spanish Mackerel. We caught a few, but we had bigger fish to fry. One drop to the bottom and we got what we were looking for and then some! An epic battle between a 7 year old boy and an 8 ft long Shark...... And, the boy won! Classic. Probably the second largest Shark ever on Top Water Charters.... Not counting the Basking Sharks we have snagged and released. Anyway, it was a great day, non-stop action, a never to be forgotten Shark for a kid, lots of good eating fish, and a mission accomplished! Total Catch for the Day: 60 Bluefish up to 4 lbs, 10 Spanish Mackerel up to 2 lbs, 1 Pinfish, 1 Inshore Lizardfish, 1 At Thread Herring, and a 8 ft long 250 lb Sand Tiger Shark 

2 comments:

ehirunner said...

And let us not forget, Octopus Man's threadfin herring.

Thanks again for a great day on the water. I'll get you some pictures when I have the cord for my camera, and that may take a week yet.

Capt. Marty said...

Fixed for the Thread Herring. I enjoyed it Chris. The fishing was excellent. My phone took some good pics too, but the USB cable to my phone is in the same place as the USB cord for my camera!