Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan 22 Largemouth Bass before the Cold



I made a quick trip to Lake Bernaur. I knew the Alberta Clipper was hours away and if the bitter cold persists in Beaufort, that will pretty much end all mung hole fishing until late March/early April.... So I spent 30 minutes tossing a beetlespin in the "big pond". I had 5 strikes. I released 4 small Largemouth Bass.... And regretfully, I was playing around in the shallows while talking on the phone..... And...... I got crushed by a much larger Largemouth Bass. Fishing one handed with 8 feet of string out, a 4-5 lb Bass erupted from some vegetation at my feet. While holding my phone in one hand, I fumbled with my drag, and...... POP went my 8lb test mono. My fault. The "fish of the day" and potential early "fish of the year candidate" swam off with my beetlespin pinned to her lip. Well dammit. Total Catch for the Day: 4 Largemouth Bass

No comments: