Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jan 5 Cold & Lonely Sheepshead


Last night was pretty and cold. I stayed up all night and looked for some adventure. I put on my waders and grabbed my light and gig. I set out about 1am and walked around Hatteras Inlet and the east end of Ocracoke Island until 3am. The water up here is pretty much dead. I saw less than 10 fish of all species combined.... I saw 3-4 tiny shrimp..... No crabs, no shellfish of any kind.... I saw several big, nasty Lion's Mane Jellyfish.... What I did see was hundreds of pink, nasty little worm-like things.... Not sure what these things are called. I found them all floating nearly vertical in the water column. There bodys were hanging loosely towards the bottom. When I probed them with my gig, they would become rigid and immediately sink to the bottom where they were barely visible   on the sandy bottom in the dirty water. These worms were 4-8 inches long and were pretty insignificant. I would imagine that they would be a major food item for lots of the fish that we love to catch...... Finally, around 330am, I dropped a bottom rig into the rocks below the Ferry Ramp and caught another Sheepshead. After releasing him, I had 3-4 more bites and I missed them... Where are my Tautogs dammit. Total Catch for the Night: 1 Sheephead

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong my friend. Capt Twell

Capt. Marty said...

Think about Friday my Pal, that is going to be "our day". The 50s will be stacked like firewood.

Anonymous said...

Blahahahaha! Funny Friend of mine!

Anonymous said...

As in your carryon totes, your looked [url=http://www.saclongchampachete.info/category/sac-longchamp-pliage]sac longchamps cuir[/url] might want to be inspected for forbidden items.
You'll should walk by having a metal detector. In way back when, only haphazard travelers have been asked to clear out their boots or shoes for looking at. Your shoes might be x-rayed, along while using rest of one's carry on [url=http://www.saclongchampachete.com/category/longchamp-sac]sac longchamp acheter[/url] baggage.

as any famous brand name in bags, hermes can be a queen. here for more: [url=http://hermesjapan.webnode.jp/]hermesjapan.webnode.jp[/url] 2013
No make a difference what the real weight limit of your respective airline is actually, your go on bag has to be light good enough to no less than lift way up into an individual's overhead compartment without having to be a safeness issue for other voyagers. marc by marc jacobs bags [url=http://shopuggboots.webnode.jp/ブログ/]アグ2013[/url]. A large amount of airlines characteristic something labeled as a sizer compartment at ones own very entrances. The intent behind these sizer gates could be to see if you're permitted to place on a certain type regarding [url=http://saclongchampsoldes.monwebeden.fr/#/a-propos-de-moi/4146111]longchamp soldes[/url]}.