Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12 NO FISHING

Here I sit, back at Hatteras for another 7 days... Last week sucked. I fished my way home and caught 4 Shad. Then I caught 1 Bass. The weather sucked. When it didn't suck, My boat motor is in a 1000 pieces. Here it is Winter/Spring again and I DON'T have a "River Boat". Shad fishing and Speckled Trout fishing would be very possible if I had a little Boat for it. Columbo was out of action with a "sore mouth". My other friends are not "into fishing enough to sacrifice sleep in winter". My parents are also fighting little battles that require my attention, even though I haven't done enough, it kept me from driving off and fishing the riverbank this week. Likely a waste of time and money anyway.... Well, there you have it, my "NO FISHING EXCUSE RANT for March of 2013". Seems like the past 3-4 years that I've had lots of those rants.... Now I'm at Hatteras again and I'm working the Night Run. My fishing options are: 1. Talk Tuggy into launching a Bluefin Tuna excursion. 2. Jump on a Charterboat "Make-up" trip out of Hatteras 3. Fish the Ferry Ramp and it is usually dead, day and night, in March..... I guess I should add that its pouring down rain and blowing a gale. Oh well, NO FISHING might last another damn week..... For fishing excitement, I have been following the Fishing Report out of Bud N Mary's Marina in Islamorada, Fl. Great reading and gives me hope for April! www.budnmarysblog.com     I also miss and love Jennifer. Thanks for making my miserable week one of the best times of my life. Wink

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm heading to Islamorada the first week in April. Do you have any specific guides you suggest?

Brent

Mike said...

Still got staples?

Capt. Marty said...

A lot of those Guides at Bud n Mary's kick ass. If you want to fish the flats, Pat Bracher down at Cudjoe Key is the World's Greatest Fisherman (my opinion) I fished with him 5 times and have 3 Grand Slams and 2 Double Grand Slams. One time I caught 5 Tarpon up to 140, 5 Bonefish up to 8, and 2 Permit up to 28. And lost a 250 lb Goliath Grouper. Unreal. In April he usually spends some time with Barracuda also

Capt. Marty said...

Still got the Staples. Getting a little rusty. Time to get rid of them!

Anonymous said...

Capt Marty,

Check your email when you get a chance.

-John

Capt. Marty said...

John,

If fishing for Hickory Shad in the Neuse appeals to you, we should do it. I love it and I think anyone would. Its always best during ACC/NCAA Tournaments.... Haul the boat an hour on the trailer and a 5 minute run up river.. If you want to try it let me know. Ill be home something like March 20-25.... I might take you up on that kayak one day to. Ive been so close to buying one a thousand times, but never pulled the trigger. Ive got a "forgotten" blown disk in my lower back. Not sure how time on a yak would affect that... But, Id rather keep that back pain "forgotten", if you know what I mean! I appreciate your offer for sure and, like I said, if the Shad fishing appeals to you, we should try it. Im more than ready.

Marty

Capt. Marty said...

Mike,

Staples gone. My head is magnet proof again. MRI entry is safe now.

Capt. Marty said...

Tugwell,

Call your boy Troy and find out where those 20lb Bluefish are up there. Then take me there. Its very, very important to completing my LIFE'S MISSION.....

Marty

Anonymous said...

Troy its in the Bahamas running a boat somewhere I believe. shad fishing at it's finest right now and the grasshopper is running strong. See ya soon pal. Twell.

Capt. Marty said...

According to Marauder.com, Troy is home with a bag of wahoo meat

Capt. Marty said...

Hey man

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggwell, I'm wrong as usual. Your boy Troy is still in the Islands. Dammit, find those Blurfish

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggwell, I'm wrong as usual. Your boy Troy is still in the Islands. Dammit, find those Blurfish