Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22 Casting for Shad




Will, Matt, and I made the trip to Pitch Kettle today and we figured it would be more productive than watching the NCAA Tournament on our couches! I'm not sure what we missed on the hardwood, but we did experience a beautiful but chilly day on the River. The fishing was more challenging than a couple of days ago. We fished really hard to catch 25 Hickory Shad. We caught more Roe Shad than on Tuesday, but the numerous and athletic Bucks that Tuggy and I encountered were missing in action. That combined with a large number of missed strikes and bumps kept our numbers down. I did catch another 17" Hickory Shad that weighed over 2 lbs. But even that one had a less developed Roe. Personally, I think they are nearly "spawned out"... Time to fish for White Shad at least once... Then it will be time to turn to the "SALT".... Total Catch for the Day: 25 Hickory Shad up to 2+ lbs

1 comment:

Capt. Marty said...

The Internet Spelling Police just gave me a verbal warning for "couchs"

I guess an "es" after any word ending in "ch"....

In related news, The Beaufort PD gave a verbal yesterday to a Subway Patron for wearing his britches too low. This happened in front of Jennifer and me. I was hoping to see a "tasing" or a serious take down... Jennifer thought it was extremely rude and unprofessional... She doesn't realize the Po Po are her friends and they are there to protect us... Protect us from ass cracks and things.....