Saturday, February 28, 2015

Feb 28- Cold Cold Cold

No fishing guys! I can't believe that my "no fishing streak" continues. It's sickening, really! Those thugs stole my soul. Hard to believe that theft happened on November 11. I think that's when it was!

Anyway, moving on, how about the weather. I tell you guys, February of 2015
has been the most brutal calendar month that I can recall. I'm talking cold. Extended cold. Brutal cold. Wind-driven cold. I started working on the Ferry in the Spring of 1992. So, starting in the winter of 1993, I have been following the weather pretty damn closely on the Central NC Coast. Standing out "in it" for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, every other week. That's a pretty thorough observation, I'd say! Regardless, without any real data or historical information in front of me...... I can easily say, based on Capt Marty's skin test.....

THIS WAS THE COLDEST, MOST MISERABLE FEBRUARY EVER. PERIOD.

Tomorrow begins March of 2015. Hopefully we are in for a change of direction. Capt Tuggwell and Capt Columbus are ready to go exploring to the Eastern..... Schools of Red Drum and Bluefish await us. Acres of Bullet Mackerel will taunt us. Huge Basking Sharks will frighten Tuggwell briefly. Something always turns routine days on the Ocean magically into amazing events and memories that last you a lifetime. That's the whole catch, right? It happened to me 40 some years ago and it has DEFINED WHO I AM. I turn 50 this year. I AM A FISHERMAN. Not for a Living. I AM A FISHERMAM BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cold air makes you a stronger person??? Just trying to be positive. This could be your best year ever. Egbert

Capt. Marty said...

Oh the misspelled words!

Still no computer and the cell phone blog posting sucks!

Mike said...

One of the coldest, icyest months I can ever remember in Raleigh.