Thursday, February 5, 2015

Feb 5- Buying New Stuff

Hey Everybody! Well I've began the process of buying new stuff! I am going with a set of AVET Reels that will serve as multi-purpose Reels and I will use them for Cobia bait fishing, Live Bait King Mackerel Fishing, Grouper, Shark, Red Drum Fishing, as well as Offshore Trolling. One cool and fun thing about the AVETS is the colors that I decided to buy. I am getting a Blue Reel, a Red Reel, a Black Reel, and a Green Reel. This will allow me to intimately know each reel and also know the "catch history" of each individual AVET Reel. By the way, these small American made aluminium Reels will be matched with Shimano Trevalla Jigging Rods. Buying these Reels have ole Captain Marty slowly returning to normal and thinking about Spring Fishing!

3 comments:

Tom Chesebro said...

Great to hear Capt. Marty!!!
I can't wait to come up and try those new reels out on some BIG COBIA this spring !!!

P.S. If you want to get back out on the water and get back in the swing of things, just call me and I'll come up and go out with you !!!

Capt. Marty said...

Will do Tom

And you let me know when those mammy Shellcrackers start chewing too.

We should be catching a mix of Bluefish, Gray Trout, and Black Sea Bass pretty soon.

I ran my boat some last week. The motor was acting a little grumpy. Hopefully I can get that figured out too!

FinchasersUSA said...

There's a nice Saragosa 8000 combo at EJW in their used rack at an excellent price. Would make a good bucktail setup for cobia and a good grouper setup for those that don't like conventional stuff.