Friday, March 25, 2016

March 25- Fly Rod Flurry

Right at sunset. Twenty minutes of action in the Pond closest to my house in Beaufort, NC. Spat, spat, slurp. Every cast for a while. Rises and Swirls. Bites until a hook-up. Bluegills and Pumpkinseeds. I could not get a Largemouth Bass to bite this afternoon. I do love tossing popping bugs. I actually fished for 15 minutes with a plastic worm too. No luck. I got a worm "cut in two". I figured it had to be a turtle because I have yet to see a Bluefish in the Beaufort Mung Holes. Total Catch for the Day: 5 Bluegills and 4 Pumpkinseeds

3 comments:

James W Lung said...

FINALLY GONNA TRY TO GET SOME SHAD. STUCK ON THE BANK, PROBABLY GOING TO GO TO ROCK MOUNT. ANY INFO, RECOMMENDATIONS?

Capt. Marty said...

Battleboro Park is all i know in Rocky Mount

Mike said...

Good to see Top Water posting again.