Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3- GREAT OCEAN LIFE VIEWING..........

Capt Marty even got in a cast or two

At the Bottom is a Bluefish Roe...... Rare indeed, I hardly ever catch Spawning Bluefish!

............And not so great catching....... Honestly, we could've caught alot more but we were looking for "large" fish. Garland and Amanda joined me today and it was beautiful..... We found a spot with Glassy Clear Blue Water and it was full of spawning Spanish Mackerel and Bluefish! We pulled our bucktails off in favor of metal lures and spent an hour catching fish...... 18 Bluefish from 2-3 lbs and 12 Spanish Mackerel from 1-3 lbs..... Incredibly Fast Action. Casting over schools of acres of Bluefish! Also multiple schools of spawning Spanish Mackerel..... Then it was back to looking for Cobia..... What we found but DID NOT catch was amazing.... First, however, Amanda joined me up top for a Bottlenosed Dolphin show for the ages.... In 15 feet of crystal clear water we found a pod of app 25 female Dolphins and each one had a tiny 3-4 foot long infant..... I can almost tell you we saw some birthing but I can't be sure.... I was still in "fishing mode" but I did enjoy the show.... Then, east of Shark Island, from 12 noon until 3pm, we watched and searched and witnessed a SHOW that seemed just like Sea World. Here's the Line-Up and I hate to say, NO BITES....... But we saw: 5 Cobia, 12 100+ pound Tarpon, 1 Crevalle Jack, 2 1000 pound Manta Rays, 1 Barracuda, 10,000 Bluefish, 5,000 Spanish Mackerel, and a pile of Sharks, Rays, Turtles, and Sea Birds...... It was amazing. We had a feast this afternoon on fresh Bluefish and Amanda will never, ever forget the SHOW we saw today...... I am still working to figure out a way to catch Tarpon on Cape Lookout Shoals. I see them nearly every year. They are headed North as fast as they can swim..... There has to be a way! By the way, all the Cobia were on the bottom and I basically T-Boned them...... We had a couple of followers, but No Takers.... OUCH    Baaa Humbug    Whatever works!  Total Catch for the Day: 18 Bluefish 2-3 lbs each and 12 Spanish Mackerel 1-3 lbs 

1 comment:

marlinhunterfishingcharters said...

Fishing is an adventures trip and give lots off experience. Interesting blog posted here..Really I like it.Thanks for posting this blog...