Friday, March 24, 2017

March 24- Life Goes On

Obviously, if you guys read my March 15 Post, my Daddy passed away. Some of yall may have read the 600-700 word tribute to him I posted late that night. The following morning, while correcting some misspelled words, I accidently deleted the entire post. BUMMER. I liked it. It was an emotional, heart felt, truthful description of the Love and Admiration that I had for my Father. Charles Allen Moore . A short summary: There is NO WAY POSSIBLE that my Father could've given me a better, or more favorable upbringing. He supplied me with everything I ever needed to succeed in life. From Money to Morals to Discipline. From Tough Love to Tender Loving Care. I had the World's Greatest Daddy. I hope that my Father is at peace now and after 77 great years, the last 3 and half years he suffered and his Quality of Life was poor. I am pleased that he has passed to Heaven. And I hope and pray that I was half the son that he was a father. I hope that I didnt ever truly disappoint him or let him down because he surely never disappointed me or let me down. (except when I wanted that Brown 1979 Camaro for my 16th birthday and he bought me a Toyota Celica instead) ha ha. Dad knew better, just like Ralphie was gonna shoot his eye out, Dad knew I'd kill myself in that HotRod!

I would also like to take a second to say, my Momma is also Everything that I could ever ask for, pray for, in a Mother. Right now, I am going to stick by her side, through every struggle and every challenge. She and I, and my Brother, are going to survive this together. I truly love my Mother. I loved my Father. For Parents, I had the best I could've ever asked for.

As for FISHING. Thats what you guys are here for, right? I remember last August, Dad was sick. I was trying to Fish because my knee pain had let up a bit.... Anyway, there was 5 straight trips that I never made it to Beaufort Inlet because something would happen to Dad. Twice the Ambulance rushed him to the Hospital. It was tough. My Momma and Daddy came first. Hopefully 2017 will be different. Better I hope. My Momma, helping her and driving her to appts, etc will come first, but hopefully, it will not come at the expense of fishing. If it does, then it does. I am down to one parent. Together Mom and I will be alright, but we are in it together. No matter what.  The Fish were lucky last year. This year, time will tell!

I would also like to Thank all our Family and Friends that did SO MUCH for us last week. Its a shame that nowadays it takes an event like a death to bring a large family together, but it was still great seeing everyone that came to Dad's Memorial Service. Friends too. I Love You All. Very much. Thank you to all my Blog Readers, as Im sure many of you will at least have kind thoughts and include my Family in your Prayers. Hope to see everyone on the water soon. Bent rod and screaming reel in hand. "FISH ON!"
,

9 comments:

Jordan said...

Sorry to hear about your dad capt marty but it sounded like he was a great man!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Marty,

I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great Dad. Nothing can top the blessings of being raised with great parents. I hope to see you soon so you can put me on the fish.

Brent

Robbie said...

My condolences on your family's loss Cap'n Marty. I lost a close uncle to cancer last week. Losing a loved one makes life difficult but, we must fish on as I'm sure you will. Tight lines Cap'n.

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss Capt. He was a good man indeed. We'll be praying for the whole family.

Anonymous said...

I've never met you but know of you through one of your co-workers, and sorry to hear of your dad's passing. But no doubt about it he was a good man by your words alone and he lived a good life and is where he should be now. I laughed on this one since fathers do know best....."Dad knew better, just like Ralphie was gonna shoot his eye out, Dad knew I'd kill myself in that HotRod".

Take care of your mom.....and fish on.

Mike said...

well said.

Vikky Thakur said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. also found some interesting topic

Jack Nicholson said...

This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. roblox free robux

Alan Mixon said...

free PS4 codes -
Free PSN Codes is one of the most popular gaming consoles out there in the market. Just like any other gaming platform, PlayStation also offers purchasable services online.