Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March 7- Hickory Shad on Foot

Capt Chris thought it'd be a good time to take me out along the Neuse River and go Shad Fishing. Help me get my mind off my Dad, whose having a hard time up at Harborview right now. So off we went to Cowpen Landing. Later, we crossed the River and tried our luck at Spring Garden. Overall fishing was pretty good with good runs followed by doldrums. Amazingly, Chris's first cast at CPL produced a doublehea!er, while my last cast of the day at SG produced my only double. Our total catch was right around 40 Hickory Shad with 8 being Red Roe Keepers. Pretty good afternoon. Total Catch for the Day: 40 Hickory Shad up to 2 lbs
Chris first cast bounty at CowPen

Spring Garden

Red Roe Delicacy
Capt Marty with our 8 Hens

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes you feel any better merv couldn't catch them today either. He did catch 2 rock, one being a 36 incher. He told me to tell you to come to SC with us next month for shad, herring, and catfish.

Capt. Marty said...

It would be a honor to annihilate them with you guys. Long Live the Pee Dee!

Capt. Marty said...

Falkland Bound ASAP

CAPT Tuggwell's favorite place

James W Lung said...

Glad you got out. I chased them on the bank in Kinston Monday last week to no avail. Tuesday went up to Weldon, caught one Hickory 1st cast and then nothing. Someone there mentioned he had caught nice Hick's and a White at Scotland Neck. Did OK there in the PM and went back Wednesday AM in the wind and caught a couple nice females. Ate Fried Shad all last week. Off next week, and am going to try again.

Emily Shorette said...

If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


Emily