Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nov 21 Speckled Trout and Red Drum






One of my all-time favorites, Jim, was back today and I was thrilled to finally have "one of those days" again. I'm sure the guys will never forget it. The Speckled Trout fishing was not so great, but interesting for #1 the number of small Trout and #2 the number of jigheads we lost. Also, when your Fishing Guide tries to explain a concept, but can't demonstrate, you are usually in trouble. So as I tried to tell the guys how to catch "the big Trout" in the hard spot.... I lost jig after jig and never caught a thing! (Where was Stella, she could've showed them) Anyway, we caught 60 Speckled Trout and 3 were 14" or larger. Then we went to the East and made our day. Sight casting while chasing down 200 Red Drum that were running in and out of the breakers and up and down a Shoal, the guys caught 16 Red Drum from 18" to 30" and had a blast. Thanks for the patience and I'll never forget the casting frenzy when those fish "attacked" us. As usual, fishing is heating up and it's time for me to go back to Hatteras! Total Catch for the Day: 60 Speckled Trout up to 18", 16 Red Drum up to 10 lbs, 15 Bluefish, 1 Black Sea Bass and 1 Hogfish   ***2297 Total Fish in 2010***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, glad to see those Drum are back.

Anonymous said...

Great time Marty. What a memorable trip for all and super fellowship.
Thanks, Jim

Capt. Marty said...

Jim, It was great fishing with you again. Parking you guys beside a school of Red Drum was my pleasure!