Friday, October 7, 2011

Oct 7 Windy, Cool, and Speckled Trout

I had a cancellation this morning and it seemed like a pretty day so...... I promised Robin warm weather, light winds, and hungry fish. Standing there in a Black Bikini this morning, she said, "Will you take my picture when I catch a big fish" Hell Yeah! Unfortunately, when we hit Beaufort Inlet, the NE wind was pushing 20 kts and it was too cold for Bikinis or Robin. So we hit a couple of places inshore and Robin DID NOT CATCH a fish worthy, in her opinion, to be photographed. The Northern Puffer was as close as we got! So I let down the few of you that come here for something other than fish! As for the fishing, we caught 15 Speckled Trout and a handful of garbage and managed to have a good day despite the cold wind.....  Total Catch for the Day: 15 Speckled Trout, 6 Black Sea Bass, 1 Pinfish, 1 Northern Puffer, and 1 Inshore Lizardfish

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You let us down today cap

Tom Chesebro said...

Sorry we cancelled on you Marty, we all regretted that decision later, we thought about calling you, but I didn't want to call you Friday AM and have you change any plans you had already made with Robin. We are kicking ourselves now !!!
We are already counting the days until next year !!! Thanks again for the GREAT TRIP Wednesday, it was the most memorable fishing all of us ever had !!!
See you soon...
Tom

Capt. Marty said...

No problem Tom. We had fun friday, it was just a little too chilly and breezy for me to take Robin where the fish were. We still had a great day... I just couldnt get her a "photo worthy fish"....... If we had gone fishing that day, I'm not sure what would' ve happened. It was windier and the water was dirtier. Fishing inshore would've been tougher.... Hope to see you guys next year

Anonymous said...

No one here really cares if she is holding a fish in the photo. Please ask her to put the bikini back on and if you have to go buy a fish!!!:)

Tom Chesebro said...

Hey Capt Marty, is your email still the same as it is listed here on the website?
I sent you an email.
Not sure if you got it or if my email is messed up again.
Thanks