Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feb 2- The SuperBowl of Fishing





I'm home early with an injury. Severely bruised ribs and lung. Ouch. Feeling better this afternoon, I actually talked Jennifer into a little "Mung Hole Fishing Super Bowl".... Me against her. So, how do we judge this? First Fish?  Most Fish?  Biggest Fish? I figured a easy victory in all three areas, but in actuality, the BIGGEST FISH is always how we are judged...... So we arroved on the Fishing Grounds and I quickly caught a Bluegill while demonstrating how to cast.... Once Jennifer got up and running she quickly caught a Bluegill too.... When she needed no more help or advice I wondered off..... I got her pretty good in the numbers game... Then I noticed her down by the Dam. Her bobber was down and she was struggling. Suddenly a large green back broke the surface and water was spraying as a hand-sized tail swept back and forth. Oh Damn she had hooked one of the Mung Holes "Top Secret" Largemouth Bass. Then the big Bass jumped and turned a complete somersalt before hitting the water and burying into a raft of green slimy algae. Jennifer now needed my help! With the Super Bowl of Fishing hanging in the balance, I silently ackowledged that my defeat was imminent as I took to my knees and reached out into the cold, nasty Pond water. Finding the Bass's sizeable lower jaw with my fingers, I sat upright and rolled Jennifer's monster 5 lb Largemouth Bass up into the sunlight. With screams of joy, Jennifer had soundly defeated Capt Marty in the Super Bowl of Fishing. She had her a trophy Largemouth Bass. What a great sight it was for me though. My wife doing her "Victory Dance" with Emma howling in the Background. The Mung Hole will never be the same and maybe I witnessed the birth of a new fisherperson today! The Super Bowl of Fishing One belongs to Jennifer! Total Catch for the Day: a 5 lb Largemouth Bass and 13 Bluegill

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a modern technology called X-rays. You should check into it so you will be healthy enough to put your clients on fish in the next couple of months.

kmw said...

Yea Jennifer, you go girl, you can show him how to do it. Love you cuz.

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky guy because that woman is beautiful and she glows like a firefly. Apparently she can fish too. A large Bass from a urban swamp in middle of winter is no small task. Congratulations Captain and from the immortal words of 38 Special, "hold on loosely, but don't let". Cause you Will Not Top Her. Ever. Hope you and Jennifer have a great life together.

Eric M

June of 2003 in the "Flounder Heyday"
My friend and I caught 40 Spanish Mackerel, 18 keeper Flounder (3 Citations), and 7 Sharks with you on a half day. Iron Chief Eric

Anonymous said...

Yikes "hold on loosely and don't let GO"

I always mess up, capt Marty

Forgive me and good luck

Anonymous said...

Since you are talkingMP about the Super Bowl, I must say that you deserve a penalty for setting a record for out-kicking your coverage. You should be embarrassed for getting that lovely lady to marry you. That has to be a personal foul.

Capt. Marty said...

Headed INTO X-Ray

Worry Worts happy

Murphy? Or Mason? Eric M from way-back......

Capt. Marty said...

Also, former Top Water Charter partner and client Gerald is headed out of Saint Thomas on Thursday morning commercial fishing for Wahoo and Yellowfin Tuna.... Gerald is one lucky MO-FO